Fire Damage Cleanup Done Correctly
Fire damage, including smoke and soot, affects not only the structure of your house, but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt understands how your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings are what make your house a home.
SERVPRO specializes in restoring contents damaged by a variety of disasters such as water, fire, or storms. Our expertise allows us to have a “restore” versus “replace” mentality that can help save money, while also preserving your keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We test your belongings to determine what items can be restored to pre-fire condition. We'll use several methods to clean your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
We take Care of the Pack-Outs
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, we can conduct an organized and efficient move of the affected area into storage. A move-out has several benefits, including:
- A speedy remodeling process
- Safekeeping of items from potential damage
When restoration is complete, we'll work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Fire-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by fire. Smoke residues can contain acids that corrode metal surfaces. If the residues are not removed, corrosion causes electronic failure in the device. SERVPRO can coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water or fire, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the fire damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-fire damage condition, SERVPRO can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents, and the level of fire, smoke, or soot damage, there are a variety options for the restoration of documents.
Sewage in Your Home
Post cleanup of a bad sewage backup
Dealing with water damage is difficult alone, but when it is coming up from your toilet and flooding your home this is an issue you don't want to deal with. No matter how it occurred, once the sewage backup happens, there are precautionary steps to take immediately. This include:
- Evacuating children, pets, and the elderly from the premises.
- Contacting the utility company to shut off electricity, gas, and water to the home.
- Removing any dry, uncontaminated items from the house.
- Adding chlorine bleach to any standing water to disinfect and prevent bacteria from spreading.
- Opening all windows to ventilate the area.
- Wearing PPE such as face masks and gloves if near the area.
- Notifying your insurance company of the situation.
- Documenting the damage as it begins
- Calling a local restoration company for sewage removal and cleanup services.
Call in the Experts-
We do not recommend dealing with sewage yourself, regardless of how little the damage may seem. Contaminants present in the water can be harmful without proper PPE and handling. If you find you have a sewage leak in your home don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt to complete the cleanup and restoration process. When we are done, it will seem “Like it never even happened.”
Call us up at (516) 206-8661 for 24/7 365 day service! We are there for you day or night.
Profesional Carpet Cleaning
Why You Should Have Your Office Carpets Cleaned by Us
A professional carpet and upholstery cleaner like SERVPRO can remove deep-seated dirt and grime to keep your carpet and rugs looking their best and extend their lifespan. Even the most high-quality items can become soiled with dust, dirt, pet hair and the daily traffic of family life. We use over 50 years of knowledge and experience in restoring carpet and upholstery cleaning projects of all sizes. We use a variety of cleaning methods depending on your situation. Our goal is to clean carpets, rugs and upholstery to your satisfaction to restore them to their original appearance. Did you know that this was one of the first services SERVPRO offered?
Importance of Cleaning Your Carpets
Carpets hold onto things such as allergens, dust, and bacteria that can pose a risk to your health and just make your office more clean overall. The vacuuming performed by your normal maintenance crews only helps remove the top layers temporarily, but does not target all of the built up particles in the fabric of the cloth. Professional cleaning also improves airflow and makes your carpet and room feel much cleaner.
At SERVPRO we are skilled in cleaning carpets under any conditions. So before you consider replacing your carpet, give SERVPRO a call and see what can be done for you today!
Choosing SERVPRO After a Storm
We Save You Money When We Cleanup After A Water Damage!
It is tempting for homeowners to want to save themselves money by opting to recover and repair damage on their own. Unfortunately, many individuals just lack the experience and efficient output that comes with years of training.
Often this decision is based on a need or want to save money over the perceived higher costs of restoring your home professionally after a situation like a flood or storm damage. There are many ways in which choosing the experience and knowledge of restoration professionals can save you money on restoring your property after a disaster.
After water damage occurs, the leaking water can often continually flow out from the source, spreading farther throughout the property as time presses on. While there are often clear signs of the damage of these water loss incidents that can occur, many homeowners lack the equipment and experience to identify the presence of moisture and dampness in areas of their property that they cannot see. This undiagnosed moisture can facilitate mold growth and other threats, leading to hazardous conditions and costlier remediation for your property.
The SERVPRO technicians that we dispatch to your home have the continued training to provide the most efficient and effective approach to extraction, drying, and other mitigation approaches that your home needs in this critical early stage of recovery. Without these techniques and advanced equipment, your home could experience further degradation from the saturation of construction materials and structural elements.
Without properly drying or addressing concerns like our SERVPRO professionals can when they enter your water damaged home, you can allow structural failures or decomposition to continue. When you battle these effects later, they often result in the need for removal of the damaged materials and reconstruction, which is far costlier than the initial restoration would have been.
There are many reasons why seeking the experience and advanced equipment that our SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt professionals have can be beneficial to your home after a water loss incident. Make it “Like it never even happened,” and save yourself some money at the same time, give us a call today at (516) 774-2200
Water Damage During Construction
A Big Problem Made Simple
Sometimes the unexpected can occur during construction, a water damage from a storm, simple rain, or a burst pipe can create a dilemma in your work. At SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt we know how important it is to get back on track with the construction and are available 24/7.
We begin our process with water extraction and making sure all visible water has been removed from the worksite. After this we move onto our drying phase with fans and dehumidifiers until the moisture levels have dropped to a normal level. We finish the process off with a final mold cleanup, spraying the area to ensure it will not become a problem in the future.
If you have experienced water damage, big or small, during your construction of a home, an office, or any sort of building we can help!
Flooding in the Basement
Your basement flooded, now what?
Flooded basements can occur after a natural disaster, such as a storm, or as the result of a pipe bursting or water left on. No matter the cause, it's important to call a professional cleanup company like SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt AND your insurance company when a water loss occurs. Most importantly, after any water damage situation your focus should be safety.
Is it safe to stay in the house?
Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns after water damage occurs. When dealing in the immediate aftermath of water loss, it's important to take caution when navigating the affected area to prevent injury. Flooding can often be attributed to insufficient drainage around basement walls, heavy rains, a faulty sump pump, or a combination of these factors. SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt Professionals are highly trained in water damage restoration including basement and crawlspace flooding. We have the experience, and equipment to remove the water and dry your basement properly. Our water removal and drying process emphasizes monitoring and documentation to validate your property is dry. We have a 24 hour emergency service and we are highly trained water damage restoration specialists here at SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt. SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt has the expertise and equipment to quickly restore your property to pre-water damage condition. We use a scientific approach to water removal and water cleanup that emphasizes monitoring and documenting the drying process from beginning to end. Our technicians will also inspect your property's water damage, determining the type of water damage and the areas affected. This step is crucial step to creating an effective plan of action that will result in a successful restoration. After the bulk of the water has been removed, we use specialized equipment to target the water that's harder to access. We use less intrusive, scientific dying methods to draw the remaining water and moisture from your property with air movers and dehumidifiers. SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt can also clean restorable items using a number of specialized cleaning techniques. We also sanitize with antimicrobial treatments and remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment. The last step is restoring your home back to the pre-water loss condition. The restoration steps can be relatively minor, such as replacing a few drywall panels, or could include major reconstruction, such as rebuilding your basement.
Dealing with a flooded basement? SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt can work directly with your insurance company. Give us a call at (516) 774-2200 to schedule.
Winter Storm Damage
It is truly getting cold in NY. Are you prepared for the rest of the winter season and the potential water damage that comes with it? Every winter, we have an increase in calls for winter-related water damages, such as frozen pipes or water leaks from melting snow. It’s very common so we decided to list a few things to look for in order to prevent or avoid further damage.
Stay Ahead of The Issue!
- Make sure you know what your home owner’s insurance policy covers related to water damage.
- Clean your gutters and have a professional inspect your roof.
- Inspect all your windows for any condensations or leaks. Seal your windows and doors.
- Inspect your ceilings for any yellow or water stains.
- Inspect your ceiling or walls for any loose debris or loose paint, it can be an indication of moisture.
- Remove your garden hose from the outside spigot.
- Install a frost-proof outdoor spigot.
- Turn off the water going to the outside.
- Know where your main water shut-off valve is.
- Insulate exposed pipes. Especially any exposed pipes in an unfinished attic or basement.
- Open the cabinet, vanity, or closet doors when temperature is below freezing (32°).
- Keep your home warm and consider putting a low-temperature detector to notify you about potential freezing temps.
- Run a trickle of water in your sinks.
- Test your sump pump and make sure it’s working.
- Install a water leak sensor near your main floor drain.
- Remove snow away from your home and from your roof!
- Remove ice dams if possible that are on your home.
- If traveling this season, keep your furnace on, shut off the water supply, drain water from pipes and appliances, and make sure you have someone check on your home daily.
Don’t hesitate to call us right when it happens, with water damages time is of the essence to prevent more problems.
SERVPRO Post Construction Cleanup
Benefit of Post Construction Cleanup
Once the floors are down and drywall is up, it’s necessary to remove the debris and dirt that has settled in order to lay carpet, paint and decorate. SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt provides debris removal service to prepare the building for interior design and finalization. We can also assist during the construction phase, a building can trap moisture as holes are often cut in walls and windows left open for ventilation. This moisture can result in mold growth that remains trapped in your home. If you think one of your projects may have a moisture issue, you can count on us at SERVPRO to provide the help you need to eliminate moisture and prevent the potential for mold growth now and in the future
When openings, you want your business to look its best. SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt can provide you with hassle free cleaning services to give the building the extra shine it needs before it is finished up. Our Services include but are not limited to:
- Carpet, and floor prep, and finish
- Ceiling, walls and fixture cleaning
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Debris Removal (if necessary)
- Window Cleaning
Why Choose Us?
Construction crews can leave a mess in your building as they work, and open windows and exposure to the elements can cause moisture to be trapped in your building. Call us up at SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt and get your mess sorted out by the professionals.
Staying Safe After a Fire or Smoke Damage
Cleaning up a fire loss
Taking the Right Precautions
When fire damage occurs, it's important to make sure that you and your loved ones are safe. First, evaluate if it is safe to stay in the home. If there is too much smoke, you should evacuate immediately and find temporary housing elsewhere.
If you can stay in your home, take some precautions. Be sure to avoid any electrical items that might be volatile after fire damage. In addition, be careful of any possible debris on the ground as a result of the damage.
SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt is equipped to help remove fire damage, resulting water damage, moving debris, and cleaning your home. Our job is to remove all signs that a disaster occurred. Below is some times of what to do next:
My Home Was On Fire: What Should I Do Now?
- To prevent damage to your floors, avoid walking on any rugs or carpeting. Remember: more foot traffic = set in stains and spread debris.
- Wash your hands and keep them clean with a degreasing soap. Soot is easily transferable, so be sure to keep away so as to not spread the mess further.
- If your power is turned off, check your kitchen! Make sure you take all food from the fridge and freezer out. Either put in a cooler or promptly discard what you cannot immediately eat.
- Locate and change your HVAC filter as the soot will have gotten into it.
- Air vents should be covered with a breathable cloth to catch debris (i.e. cheesecloth, large handkerchief)
What to Avoid
- Don't attempt to clean the damaged areas yourself. Improper cleaning may create damage if not done with the correct equipment.
- If your electrical appliances are damaged or covered in soot, DO NOT attempt to clean. There is a risk of shock or ignition upon touch.
- Throw out any and all food that was located near the fire. This includes pantry-safe foods that are canned or packaged as the heat and soot will have ruined them.
- If the ceiling is wet from fire damage control, do not try to turn ceiling fans on. The electrical wiring needs to be checked by a professional.
- Do not stay in the home if you have difficulty breathing.
SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt is here to help you with any fire or smoke damage you might experience after any size disaster. We will be able to clear soot and ashes of all surfaces, check electrical units for repair, remediate water damage, and provide proper cleaning for carpets/upholstery. We will also be able to check HVAC and Air Ducts to make sure your home ventilation is working properly.
Experienced Fire or smoke damage? Call (516) 774-2200
Let us help you get back to business
Since the Pandemic happened earlier last year, our communities have been hit hard. Especially in New York and Long Island. As a result, the expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt today at (516) 774-2200 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.